Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Being tired.

That was a big thing with me.
Somewhere around 3pm each day I'd start getting...tired. Looking ahead, I'd plan on my wine as a pick me up. It wouldn't actually pick me up, it would deaden me somewhat, make me irritable. But the thinking was, wine will smooth it out, wine is tasty and satisfying and the tiredness won't be so hard to manage.

Now, that I am not drinking, I'm still tired. But not having a drink planned for 5pm means I have to figure something out. And I'm realizing that being tired is not the worst thing. Recognizing I'm just tired is good. Have a snack or heck, go lie down for a bit. It's better to have your kids watching Diego or Mulan than to tough it out through the tired feeling and snap at them for the rest of the evening.

Eventually, I'd like to tackle the tired thing. I'm sure a combination of better eating and regular exercise would help, but I'm not going to push. Not trying to make a whole new me just yet. That's too much pressure.

I think just coming to the realization that I get tired...and that it is ok to be tired, it's not a character flaw...I think that's progress for me, no matter how small it seem to the outside. Identifying an uncomfortable feeling and managing it, not burying it....to me, that's huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment