Wednesday, August 19, 2015

It's official.

Today is August 19, 2015. The day I've been waiting for. It's been over two months since I quit drinking. You know what that means, right? Now I can answer, 'a couple of months' when asked how long it's been since I quit.

Why is this so important to me?
This is something I'm actually asking of myself. It's not the headline for an explanation to follow.

I am torn daily between feeling this is going so well (the non-drinking...not life in general, exactly) and incredulity that it's 'only' been 4, 5, 6 weeks. I feel proud that I've stopped something I really didn't think I could ever do, yet almost embarrassed it's been only a month or 6 weeks.

Weird. I'm sure the reasoning behind this is staring me in the face, but I can't see it.


Now, on to three months when I can say, 'oh, a few months'! I'm am a weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment